Sunday, August 24, 2008

Turtle

I know the old phrase is: "Slow and steady wins the race.", but I am not so much concerned with winning as I am making it home alive. I am like a turtle running. And, I know the tortoise beat the hare, but I am not so sure if you are me (the tortoise) and the hare is and old man on a Sunday walk. I swear that sometimes the water on the side of the road left over from people watering their lawns has a faster current than me. Oh, well, I may not finish this half marathon first, but I will finish. Even if everyone is finished already...just be waiting on me Amber!
For those of you who have become Blanche fans, (thanks Angela! and Amanda!) I haven't seen her in awhile. I hope she is still alive. I did run 6 miles again today, but not without struggle. I thought that since it took me so long there would be a sighting, but no such luck. And p.s. even if you have to, do not use the bathroom at the park with the pond on 19th street...not so nice.
Next weekend and the weekend after we will be back in Indiana for two weddings, yay! So I may get to run a bit, or I may just have to run in the airport or up and down the isles in the plane...just kidding, I am not that crazy. Now that they Olympics are over I am going to have to find inspiration somewhere else. So far I have no ideas but maybe my kids tomorrow will give me some ideas or I may be running from them...

1 comment:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I used to go to the park on 19th around Slide. I remember lots of bird feathers. Feathers freak me out so I quit going. I never ventured into the bathrooms! I'm so excited that you still are making time with running and school. Whew, I bet you are sleeping well at night!