Sunday, August 10, 2008

5 miles!

I had to put an exclamation on my title today because I am super excited and in a bit of disbelief. I went to run 4 today which was a jump from my 3. I am not a good judge of mileage. I should have drove the route to see where I needed to go to make my normal 3 mile run 4 miles, but I didn't. And actually it worked to my benefit because I ended up running more than I needed to and didn't know it until I drove what I ran. So maybe I should do that every time I need to move up a mile. 5 miles sounded scary (sorry that sounds lame to you "marathoners") but it actually isn't. My legs are aching a bit today and my butt sort of hurts. I didn't really believe in my new shoes until today. They felt great and got a waterproof treatment. I also decided to go with no ipod today and it was an ok idea but I think I may need to take it sometimes just in case. I need to find some different encouraging music. Let me know if you have any good ones I should add.
Blanche alert!: I saw Blanche this morning. She was out a little bit later than normal. I did say hello and sort of wanted to stop and talk to her more so I could uncover the mystery of Blanche.
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are cracking me up naming that lady Blanche!!! I think that is so funny!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

We totally are neighbor "stalkers!" We are in section 121 row 25ish. Where are y'all?