Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tip: Do Not Run in Lightning

Due to school starting soon and the fact that the sun doesn't come up until about 7:00 am, I had to alter my morning running plan and go later in the evenings. Therefore, I will not see a whole lot of Blanche...sad but true. I have seen some new people though. One of which is "mechanic man". Everytime I see him he is working on a crappy truck in his driveway. But he waves at me and always says hello which is something to look forward to. He is also quite skinny and always has his shirt off-this part I don't really look forward to. And then I see some new walkers and an old man who likes to sit in his yard when it is cool at night. Maybe he could be a possible suitor for Blanche if they aren't married? Time will tell, maybe I can set up that match.
I tried running on Wednesday before the rain started and thought I could beat the storm but I forgot that lightning is a little freaky when you are on the road able to be hit by it. And the thunder was so loud. So needless to say that run was cut short and I sprinted back home. So I guess I got some sprint training in. Bascially, this again shows that I am a new runner and need to use some common sense.
After watching Michael Phelps this week, I am going to go swim a bit next week since my school district pool is now open for lap swimming next week. Look out Dara Torres! I also was inspired to watch the women's marathon. The ladies who were at the front were running like 5 minute miles...ya right. I will never see those numbers. But the lady who won was like 38. So I think it takes some time to build up that stamina.
I ran 6 miles today which was a personal first. I was excited. I ran this morning and looked for Blanche, but she wasn't around. I didn't blame her, the sky was gray and the sun was no where to be found. Shortly after I got home it started to rain again so I was glad not to be out in that. I also passed a guy walking and said hello and then I said, "high five!" and he high fived me! It got me excited and gave me some more energy for the rest of the way.

1 comment:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I'm so excited about your running success! I hope things at Cavazos are going well!