Friday, August 8, 2008

Good morning sunshine!

I have been running in the mornings this week. I posted on Sunday that I am not much of a morning person, but I think the real problem is that when I am tired, I am tired. However, I have been able to make myself get up since Monday and it does get the day off to a great start. Plus, it is much cooler in the mornings and we all know I need to run in cool weather. It has been fun to see some different sights that you usually do not see during the day. For example, each morning I have seen the same old lady who goes to what I assume are her friends houses (either that or she is just weird) with her bike that has a basket on the front and she moves the newspapers from the end of their sidewalk to their doorstep. It is a very nice thing for her to do, but why she does it is the real question. It is something I like to ponder on while I am running. I need to name her. I think her name should be: Blanche. That is an old lady name. There are also several people taking their morning walks and the occasional old man on a bike. I also have passed this house that is being basically re-built. The guys who are working on it are very lazy and every time I pass (I have to pass it twice per run.) they are still standing in the same spot and sometimes eating. I also pass the occasional sprinkler and sometimes I want to run through it, but I don't have enough confidence to do so...yet. I have also seen a lot of people watering their yards with a hose. Some of these folks are still in their pajamas and that is just something you don't see during the afternoons. Ahhh....the mornings.
I think that I will continue running in the mornings even when school starts. It will hopefully get my day off to a good start and will let me be lazy in the evenings. But, we will see how that one goes. A big thank you to Angie for her super advice this week!

No comments: