So it has been a very long while since my last post. Since I've been gone I have been to Indiana twice, started school as well as teaching gymnastics. It has been tough to stay on track with my running, but I am doing what I can. The "real" 12-week training that I will be following doesn't really start until the 22nd of this month, so technically running slower, missing days and not running the long runs I should is ok...for now. I am not looking forward to those days during the "real" training when I get home from a day of school and gymnastics or spirit squad and just don't want to do anything, let alone run. But I will and must suck it up. So needless to say I am still running like a turtle, but am slowly but surely keeping up with where I want to be.
I did run in Indiana again and it was so nice to be in a green place. I ran in the city of Columbus, Indiana which was quite pleasant and had some neat older houses to look at.
The weather here in Lubbock has been a bit chilly and rainy lately and so that makes things a little more tolerable to be outside. On Tuesday I ran on my normal route and I hadn't done so since the Wednesday before. I didn't see Mechanic Man on my first pass, but when I came back around he was there. He was helping his neighbor move and from the garage I heard him yell, "Where have you been?". I stopped and talked and told him of my trips and just kind of chatted it up. He told me his name was Albert and I told him mine and I also told him how nice it was to see the same face on a run and that I looked forward to it. He seemed like a sweet man and now I am going to be even more excited to say hello. It's funny the stories you come up with about people. I am so glad to be out and meeting people I never would have before.
So I will write again soon and hopefully have some more things to say and some funny stories to share. As for now, there are more miles to run and more people to say hi to and high-five.
Lindsey
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment