Monday, November 17, 2008

Too long

Hello, it has been too long since I last posted, so I am posting now...if anyone still reads this. If not, it is an outlook for me; a secret public journal for me.

Ok, so on to what has been going on since the last post. I am still running and still going to run in the upcoming mini. I have scheduled Amber and I's hotel room and really looking forward to it. I am up to 8 miles now, as of yesterday, and am feeling good. I had a bit of a stomach bug for awhile and had to miss some days of training, but came back ready to go.

I have some close friends that are planning on running in some upcoming mini-marathons and I couldn't be more proud of them and glad that I talk to some more people about training and all of that jazz.

I am finding it hard to run the long mile days at the gym, but I am trying to push through. I have noticed that when I cover the time with something as I am running I can run for longer since I can't see the time. I also am a big fan of watching High School Musical 2 sing-a-long as well since that really helped me get through a few miles. The other day I went to the gym and my normal room with treadmills and individual TVs was full, so therefore I had to go to the big room with the bank of TVs where you can choose one and listen to that. But those stink because what if you want to watch a TV that is way down at the end? Then you end up running with your head to the side and the guy next to you thinks you are checking him out...not good. But, there have been some nice days lately where I have been able to run outside with enough light left. I have been running with my dog, Cruz, and he has made it on a 4.5 mile run which I am very excited about but worry about his little legs, so I can't do that too often. I ran outside yesterday morning and it was about 35 degrees...chilly. I ran on some rough terrain to go see Grant at the arena. I made it there and was so glad, it felt like a big accomplishment even though it was only one more mile. I am looking forward to switching up my routes and maybe running with actual people. My friend Meredith is moving back to Lubbock and I can't wait to run with her again. We've been able to run on campus but have yet to run the hills like we've planned, so I look forward to that.

So that's the update, I will update more soon.

No comments: