Whoever said running 9 miles was either insane or is just used to it. As yesterday was my first attempt I will tell you that it was tough. And I did go through moments of insanity as I was running. As I look back on it, I am proud, but man am I sore. Since last week's run I have had some aches and pains. They include a sore ankle and a hip that just didn't feel great.
I took Cruz on a walk Sunday before I ran yesterday and I saw this girl running that I have seen before. She is a young girl and like all those mentioned on her before I have to make assumptions about her and develop a background story about her. I feel like she could be a college student. One thing I have noticed is that she sometimes runs early in the morning and sometimes at night. But both of these times are in the dark and I do not think that is smart. She also runs on the wrong side of the road so I am not so sure that understands the rules of running or she is just risky. We'll assume she is a new runner. I will call her Kathy...she looks like a Kathy.
I ran on a new route for the first 5 miles or so yesterday which did help break up the monatny. I sort of forgot the route though. I had driven it before I ran to make sure I would meet my mileage and I guess I just didn't pay attention. I think I went a bit out of my way. I didn't really see anything exciting, but I will say that Bob Seeger is a good singer to run to. There are a few that can get you pumped up. But we all know he is no Bruce or C&C Music Factory (old, but good). I did have to have Grant bring me some water. I was so thirsty at one point that a puddle looked good to drink from.
So, this week and weekend we are off to the Virgin Islands for a tournament for Grant and I am super excited. I will still have to run so I am looking forward to finding somewhere outside to run. If not, the treadmill will be my friend but the good thing is the workout room looks outside, so at least I can run somewhere pretty.
I will post more about that when we get home. And, maybe some pictures too!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment