We went to the Virgin Islands recently, which was a wonderful change of pace. However, I had to slow my pace drastically in terms of running. I have had some aches and pains lately, but it turns out that my IT bands are tight. Who knew people even have IT bands, but you do and they hurt when they get tight. I talked to a trainer and she looked me over and suggested a few days off. So, I will say that it was nice to take some time off, but believe it or not I actually missed running. I missed getting out there breaking a sweat. I am getting back on track, slowly but surely, but I am worried about being ready for the race next weekend. So as I prepare, it may hurt a bit more, but I just want to push through so I can achieve my goal of finishing.
I was online today and saw a very inspiring story of a guy who has ran everyday for 30 years. What an accomplishment! It makes me think, maybe that is something I should consider....
Here is the link:
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/8881908?MSNHPHCP>1=39002
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment