I am in Lafayette, Indiana this week and have been able to run in my old favorite places. As weird as it sounds I was super excited to run this week.
On Tuesday I ran in my favorite neighborhood in Lafayette, Highland Park. It is super pretty and has some beautiful old houses. I would love to live there if we ever move back. The neighborhood is on a hill so it was a much different run than what I get in Lubbock since some of us know there is like two hills in Lubbock. So I ran from there through downtown and across the walking bridge over to West Lafayette. It is neat to see little things that have changed downtown like new restaurants. I ran over to where Grant proposed which is right by the walking bridge and then on to Panera Bread to meet my sisters for lunch. It was so nice to be outside but I forgot about the humidity here and how it makes you sweat 50 times more.
On Wednesday I ran around campus at Purdue. I can not believe how much I miss my college days. I really love the campus and how beautiful it is. Although there was a lot of construction going on to I guess fix some of the older buildings it was still great to see it all again. I did get to see some of the newer additions to campus as well. It makes me wonder what it would be like to go there now with all the different buildings. I stopped in the Union for a drink at the drinking fountain and forgot how amazing that place is. It all just made me love Purdue more. Don't get me wrong Texas Tech is gorgeous, but I guess it is just different when you actually have memories all around a campus.
We are going back to Sheridan today so I will most likely run outside like I did Sunday. It is so peaceful to run in the country. I left my Ipod at my in-laws so I could just hear the corn in the breeze. It was a welcome change and actually quite relaxing.
I will hopefully be able to take some pictures soon of the places I mentioned above so you can get a picture of what I am talking about.
Lindsey
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post! I have the same feelings about Tech, but I don't really run around it anymore...just drive and sometimes walk! I'm glad you are having fun in your home state.
Post a Comment