Thursday, July 10, 2008

And so it begins...

Ok, so this may be a crazy idea seeing as how I only made my track debut my senior year of high school running in just a few events. But I did contribute to a conference championship! And so this new challenge begins. I guess I needed something to obsess over since I am having such a relaxing summer and it is a good way to lose weight. So Amber, Suzanne and I will be running a half marathon in Dallas on Sunday, December 14th.
I have started or am attempting to train. I ran 2 ish miles on Sunday, stretched and strengthened on Monday, 3 miles on Tuesday, and 2 miles on Wednesday. Today I will do 3 miles and strengthen as well. My legs have begun to ask me what the heck is going on since I have only ran 5 miles at one time in my entire life. I need to learn to stretch better so that I don't end up hurt and then can't even run. That would be so lame.
I should also mention that the two girls I will be running the half marathon with, or should I say we will be running the same day at the same place but I will be finishing, oh, a few hours after them. Amber ran in college and I think at least 1/4 Kenyan although she doesn't want to admit it. Then there is Suzanne who just walked a full marathon and a half. So I am way behind as you can see.
So anyways, for the few of you who I am allowing to read this, I need to write about this challenge more than I am sure you want to read it, but thanks for humoring me.
Lindsey

2 comments:

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Props to Lindsay! I love to blog-stalk...way to blog and run!!! I'm rooting for you!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Oops, I mean Lindsey!